Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday's Weather

Today’s Conditions

Temperature: 30 F
Wind: NE 16 mph gusts 14 mph
Dew Point: 29 F
Humidity: 93%
Pressure: 30.05" rising

Well today was exceptionally nice and warm for February.  We hit a high of 36F this afternoon and it looked like a nice day to out.  However I've been sitting in a windowless room for about the last 8 hours and defiantly did not get to experience this nice day.  I couldn’t even tell you if it was cloudy or not. I was only outside for a few minutes today and was too distracted to take note of the clouds. The IR satellite tells me that it is in fact cloudy though. It also looks like a high pressure front is about to move through tonight meaning the skies should clear over the next few days.  Tomorrow’s temperatures will be slightly cooler only getting to the low 30's.

As far as the fishing goes today was perfect. it was one of the best fishing days I've seen since the winter season opened. Warm cloudy days can make for a fishing trip right out of your dreams.  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it out today, and probably won't have a change to take advantage of the favorable weather the rest of the weekend. Oh well, only two weeks till Wisconsin opens and I can start fishing 10 minutes from home instead of two hours.      

No comments:

Post a Comment